Thursday, May 17, 2007

Summer Plans

What are your plans for the summer?

Usually we do what I call homeschooling-lite. But this week a plan has been germinating in my mind that doesn't include much formal schooling.

We have a good friend coming for a visit around Memorial Day and we are going to hit some of the theme parks and go to the American Girl store with them.

But summer really starts for us in late June. We are taking a trip to the mid-west to visit some friends and family. I am really looking forward to seeing my sister and parents. We might do some camping while we are there.

We are getting back in July and my plan is to live at the beach house for a week or two. Pere will still go to work but he can drive there after work. While Z and I are there we can go to the beach everyday, and ride our bikes around the marina, and at night we can eat on the deck and make a fire, roast marshmallow and look up at the stars.

The second week of July starts our six week concert series at the Hollywood Bowl.

It gets really really hot (like 110+) here in the summer. So my plans for the days we are not at the Bowl are to either be in our pool or spending the day inside the many wonderful (and air-conditioned) museums we are members of. I told Z that she could spend the whole day or multiple days at the Science Discovery Center and not have to rush at all.

I know we will also be having some pool parties, visiting the ice rink and perhaps camping up in the mountains on the weekends wth Pere.

I told Z about my plans and she gave me a big "Yip-pee!" for each one. :)

3 comments:

sarah said...

That sounds like a great plan!!!

C's Learning Treasures said...

It does sound fun! O will take academic type courses at the kids camp(local CC)which he really enjoys. We usually take a 2 week vacation somewhere and another week hang out close to home and go places local. I also homeschool lite,just a couple things a day to keep the mind refreshed(except when we're on vacation). 110 sounds really hot,not as hot as Dubai(where we lived for a year) though:0 Thankfully here in MD it's usually no more then 80ish in July.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It sounds like fun!