Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Piano... again

So are you tired of hearing about my issues with Z's piano teacher? I hope not.

Yesterday I asked her about that whole Trinity College thing, I wanted to see if she had heard about it and if she had an opinion on it.

And I think she got jealous. She wants Z to do a similiar program that we have in the States, the Certificate of Merit. But since I have recently asked her to back off from pushing Z she had put that idea on hold. Apparently studying for the Certificate of Merit is a big commitment if you are going to take the A track and she would definitely want Z to take the A track.

So she presented another plea for me to let her "develop Z's potential." She says Z has ABILITY, and that now is the time and she is her teacher and she knows it is the time and Z can handle it and I just need to let her, etc, etc.

She was very convincing.

Z does have potential. But I want to be careful not to mess things up. So I stressed about it all night.

I am still kind of stressing - except that I am taking a break from that stress to watch the fire that is burning near our beloved Griffith Observatory

2 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

I hope you are not too close to the Griffith Observatory,I just saw the news,terrible:( My husband I went there a while back when visiting the LA area.

Jaime said...

I did Certificate of Merit when I was a kid (although I didn't start piano until I was 11, so my experience is different!) I thought it was valuable, and I really enjoyed it. There was a written theory test, an ear training test, a performance, and a sight reading test, I believe. I liked all that, and it gave me a goal. I would wish for K to do it, if she ever got more serious about an instrument. *sigh* I actually still have all my materials from CM, if you would ever like to seem them. I'm such a pack-rat. ;-)