Sunday, May 27, 2007

party

I run a local board for parents of gifted kids and today we had our second gathering (the 1st was in the fall.) We had thirty-three people over. Our apartment was crowded!!

It was loud, and somewhat chaotic but it was really fun too! The kids seemed to all have a great time. And I think all the parents enjoyed themselves as well.

We offered a lot of food (homemade mac and cheese, veggies, fruit, cookies, naan, hummus, tapanade, chips and dip, deviled eggs, homemade pizzas,) and our friends brought stuff too (like steamed lentil cakes... yummy!)

Z had all her toys in her room plus we made the library into a LEGO room (the Dad's all liked playing in there.) The first guest came at 1:45 and then last left about 6:15.

My hope, when I host a party like this, is that the people coming have a good time and get some validation (as a gifted parent), hear about some useful resource and make the local gifted community more cohesive.





4 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow.

That is neat. Are you the founder of the group?
Are they all homeschooled?

I don't think I could handle that many in my house. The commotion and noise would make me nervous.

Cher Mere said...

Hi Mariposa

Yes, I started the group. About 95% of them homeschool.

Forte said...

That looks great Cher! :) I love having folks over at our house;)
Forte

C's Learning Treasures said...

That looks like a ton of fun:)