Saturday, May 12, 2007

My goose is cooked

and it is stuffed with a traditional French cassoulet stuffing (white beans, sausage, veggies) and covered with giblet gravy.

Pere spent much of the last 5 hours cook tonight's dinner. Ah... the joys of having a culinary husband.

Today I went clothes shopping in the morning. After lunch I read some to Z and we played a fun game called Doodle Dice

Then I watched two episodes of my favorite Belgian detective Poirot. Two episodes... ah, what a lazy day. *sigh*

I also did some mor thinking about the summer and next fall.

I collect this really great series from Brown Paper School books. I buy then whenever I can find them. I have been wondering if Z will be ready for them in the fall.

Math for Smarty Pants
I Hate Mathematics
Blood and Guts
Good for me
Making Cents
My Backyard History books

Maybe I should wait until she is 7...

I went through her non-fiction books last night and put them in order by age suitability. I wanted to see what she was liable to grow out of if I didn't get to it soon. That is always a problem with these kids.

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow, that sounds nice. Happy Mother's Day!

My husband is a great cook, but he travels all the time and rarely cooks now .

C's Learning Treasures said...

Sounds delicious!My husband can make eggs ;-)