Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rocky and Physics

I wanted to post about this last night but I figured I had already posted three times...

Last night I watched the newest Rocky movie - Rocky Balboa. It was REALLY good. I even cried. And at the end I was so excited!
If you liked the first two Rocky movies I highly recommend this one.

Secondly, using my Cartoon Guide to Physics, I figured out how to calculate v (velocity) and d (distance) with the formula d = 1/2 at2 (accleration x time squared)

I knew what distance and time and acceleration was but I wasn't totally clear on velocity. And now, or example, I can figure out how high the cliff I am standing on is by dropping a rock and counting how long it takes it to land. Because of gravity things fall at 10 m/s (actually 9.8 m/s) and if the rock takes four second to hit the bottom I have the acceleration x time.

I am so proud of myself for working on this! (and thankful for my husabnd forexplaining things and giving me extra problems to work on) I like to know that at 33 I can still learn something hard.

1 comment:

C's Learning Treasures said...

WOW! I am totally lost in the math and science area:0 So congrats to you,and....I turned 34 a couple months ago, so I guess we're not too different in age *wink*.