Thursday, May 10, 2007

MacGyver



Today Z said she wants to be like MacGyver. She says when she goes to college she wants to study "that stuff" so she can be like McGyver.

I said, "Like physics and chemistry?"

She said "Well, he sets a lot of stuff on fire... and he like, blows things up."

Me, "So you want to go to college to learn to set things on fire and blow things up?"

Z, "Yeah!"

*omg*

Here are some cool MacGyver stuff :

destroys a laser array using binoculars and cigarettes
plugs a sulfuric acid leak with chocolate
creates a bomb to open a door using a gelatin cold capsule
makes an arc welder out of a generator, some jumper cables, and two half dollars
repairs a blown fuse using the aluminum wrapper of a stick of chewing gum
rigs a car battery, some jumper cables and the picture tube for a television into a crude bomb
uses the spring steel filament support wires from a light bulb as lock picks

*hee hee* she is such her father's daughter

5 comments:

sarah said...

Cool!

I loved MacGyver. I can still hear the theme music to that show in my head. I love him in Stargate too.

Anonymous said...

I always loved that show too. He was the most resourceful guy on the planet. What is really cool about her wanting this is that she admires someone who thinks outside the box!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is a cute story!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- never watched MacGyver. (I never watched much of anything but the Simpsons until Netflix came along . . .) I love it!

Garden State Kate said...

MacGyver was so cool!
My little brother was a huge fan too,
he is graduating from college
this month
(Phi Beta Kappa) with a degree in Physics ....I was just teasing him that he just wanted to be "MacGyver"
lol.