Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What I learned today

I learned that singing is one the BEST ways for Z to learn. She has four Japanese songs she is working on this week and she really wants to listen to them over and over again and then practices singing them throughout the day. I need a whole curriculum based on singing! (Either Acting out or Reading is her second best way to learn)

I learned that Z is getting old enough to design a lot of her own day. Today she wanted to get out all her fairy tale books and find the stories about Princesses and them read them in alphabetical order according to the princesses' name.

At piano this evening I realized that I need to be more connected to Z when she practices. I learned from her teacher that Z need to take things S-L-O-W instead of trying to rush through everything and that when she gets upset with herself she has a hard time figuring out what to do.

Tonight I realized that when you get a new tent and new sleeping bags you have to set up the tent in the living room and let your kid sleep in it. :) We are taking Z camping for the first time this weekend. She is so excited. She has been taking about it every night during her prayers "Thank you God for making tents so we can go camping." and "Thank you God for making Father's Day so we can go camping on it." *hee hee*

She is in the tent now, I put her in there with some bottled water, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Ramona the Pest.

No comments: