Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Clothes Cubed

My girl has a lot of clothes. A fantastically huge amount of clothes.

I went through her clothes today and took away the ones that were too small. She had grown out of eight of her thirty pairs of shoes (yep, 30 pairs!)

I also got rid of 6 pants, 6 dresses, 4 shorts, 17 shirts, two swim suits and a jean jacket. Which left her with only 48 outfits ( and doesn't include jacket and sweaters...)

Life has always been like this for Z because she is the only granddaughter of a woman who loves to shop and the youngest granddaughter of a fabric artist who makes her handmade clothing, oh yeah, and the only child of me, and I guess I don't totally hate dressing up my daugther *grin*

My Maman makes Z these really cool outfits.

This one she recently wore to a friends birthday party. Scary but Z doesn't seem to have gotten any bigger around since she was 3, only taller. The bird on the chest is embroidered and it came with matching socks and barrettes.



This one came with a matching hat. Maman know I love to put Z in hats. I think we are at Green Thumb here getting flowers for the garden.



Here is little Z on her way to preschool one morning in a Mamam original.



This is a really cool dress with matching pantaloons (yes my maman made her pantaloons) with a paperdoll print on them. Z wore this outfit for her 4th birthday party.



This is such a cute style and it's made out of vintage fabric, the print is bouquets of roses. Z wore this one to her preschool graduation.



I love shopping at second hand and consignment stores for Z. Recently I found her some purple Doc Martens. I was so psyched and I felt even with the rate her feet grow it was worth it to buy them for $8 instead of $80.

I am going to take her too small clothes to the local kids used second hand store and trade for store credit later this week to buy Z even more clothes. Hee hee.

Funny thing is that she doesn't care about clothes that much. Other than preferring to wear "pretty dresses" she still lets me pick out where she is going to wear for the day. In fact most days she asks me to. So yay for me that I still get to dress up my little "dolly."

No comments: