Wednesday, May 30, 2007

homeschool fair part II

So the talent show went very well.

Lots of people came up to me or Z afterwards to compliment her. One lady came up and asked if Z took singing lessons and suggested we try the Colburn School for her. It is a very highly regarded performing arts school in the city, so that was a nice compliment.


I don't know how her trans fats research project went over. I don't think that many people read it. No one else did a science project. Everyone else did an art project for Show and Tell.


(if you are interested you can click on the picture to see it up close - not shown in the picture are two tubes, one clean and one clogged up.)


But I think doing the research project was a great experience for Z. So it was definitely worthwhile.

I have a video but I have to figure out how to get it online.

7 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The Faire sounds very interesting. Is this related to the group you organized?

That is too bad they didn't read her project.
She did a great job.

It sounds like her performance was great and and it is neat that other parents acknowledged it!

Forte said...

I think the idea of a homeschool fair is lovely! It sounds like she did a great job on her project and her songs:) Big Thumbs up from us here on the East Coast!
Fort

Jaime said...

Awesome trans-fats project! Shameit wasn't appreciated as it should have been. She did a great job.

C's Learning Treasures said...

That sounds so fun! I am a bit jealous *wink*,it seems that you have alot more homeschool activities in your area;-)

Garden State Kate said...

I love her project!
I'm a bit jealous of all your
activities as well.

L said...

I love the trans fat project. Fantastic work and so true. I wish everybody read it. It's just the kind of thing they should put in every doctor's office.

sarah said...

These faires sound like a cool idea, we have them here but with one thing and another we've not been involved yet. Maybe next year.

I think Z's project looks great!