Wednesday, May 16, 2007

my morning

This morning when I was sitting in the rocking chair with Z she touched her pointy and prominent collar bone and wanted to know about it. She also wanted to know about the tendon she can feel going from her upper arm to her forearm. I said "I think that new human body book we got had good diagrams of bones and muscles. We can look at it later if you want."

She was already getting out of the chair. "I want to read it now." she said

I read to her about the muscles in her arms and I showed her the bones in her shoulder area and touched them so she could feel them.

Then she wanted to read about the bones in her arms and then count all the bones in her hand and check to make sure she has them all and then she wanted to check out her hips. And then read a bit in the back of the book about her spinal cord.

Then she asked "What about the mucus in my nose?"

And I said I know she has at least a couple books on that. So I went into her room and took out two books - one encyclopedia type book on the human body and one specifically about the body's battle against damaging germs. The latter was a favorite book when she was younger.

I started making breakfast, leaving her to her research. I could hear her in her room reading the book aloud turning the words into a song. She cried out to me "I think I like singing today."

And that is different from every other day how?

When breakfast was ready I called to her and she asked if she could bring the books to the table to read during breakfast. When she finished eating but has asked if she can finish her book before she leaves the table. Right now she is singing an musical about the immune system.

1 comment:

sarah said...

A musical about the immune system - lol! Such a cool kid.