Thursday, May 03, 2007

Above 17,000 words

I got some small amount of writing done today.

At the moment I am watching the Sherlock Holmes episode Silver Blaze.

I was surprised to hear this exchange:

Gregory (Scotland Yard detective): "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident."

Many of you might be familiar with the book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time written from the point of view of a boy with autism who had a passion for Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle's great detective.

I have been finding him, both in the original novel and in the BBC series starring Jeremy Brett, quite diverting.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I loved that book.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny -- I really liked that book too.

Anonymous said...

How interesting. That was quite observant of you.