Wednesday, May 23, 2007

10 things about us

10 things about Z

1. She is a very academic kid who doesn't feel there is much difference between learning and playing.
2. She didn't start playing with dolls until she was 5 1/2.
3. Her favorite lunch is a peanut butter and honey sandwich.
4. She will not eat transfats and she keeps me honest about it.
5. As a baby she wanted books in her crib not stuffed animals or toys and she still has a pile of 5 -1 2 on her bed every night.
6. She is not really into drawing. If she has a piece of paper she is more likely to write words on it than draw a picture. Even when she was a toddler this was the case.
7. She wants to be a mommy, doctor, astronaut, singer, and a fairy princess.
8. She has a lot of what people think of as "guy" interests - role-playing games, comic books, martial arts, action movies, robotics, catching bugs, and the science of blowing things up
9. She has a lot of what people think of as "girl" interests - fairies, princesses, cute Japanese things like Hello Kitty, the color pink, dressing up, and having tea parties.
10. Her favorite books are the Harry Potter series.

10 things about me

1. I started dying my hair in 8th grade. It has been red, black, platnium blonde, honey blonde, brown, and reddish brown. My natural hair color is light ash brown.
2. I am addicted to information.
3. My favorite food is my mother's gumbo.
4. I do not like to take medicine.
5. I started reading Stephen King at age 10. Did the scar me? A better question would be, What didn't scar me? ;P
6. I want to be a mommy, a writer and an detective.
7. I enjoy a good debate.
8. I have a lot of what people think of as "guy" interests - role-playing games, comic books, martial arts, action movies, and juvenile humor
9. I have a lot of what people think of as "girl" interests - romanic stories, Jane Austen, cute Japanese things like Hello Kitty, decorating, having "tea" and eating little pretty sandwiches.
10. My favorite band is the Beatles.

4 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Ami, did not play with dolls either until last year. She got a couple for Christmas. She usually plays with her miniature fairies, princesses and mermaids.

I don't like to take medicine either and neither does Ami. I do because I have to, but if something out of the blue comes up like a headache. I would rather feel the headache then swallow a couple of ibuprofens.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Oh, and I also wanted to say your list was a neat idea!

Garden State Kate said...

I love your list! I really enjoy learning how much alike we can all be and so different at the same time!

Anonymous said...

It is good to read that other girls don't like to play with dolls. Citcat has no interest in dolls nor will she color but she loves to dictate words for me to write.

I enjoyed the lists. So much better than a contrived meme. I might do something like it as well.

I'm not sure where I've been all week. You've written a lot of posts. Here comes yet another email from me. :)