Monday, January 15, 2007

what do you want to do today?

When I asked Z the above this morning she said "Math and Japanese."

I asked "Is that all?"

and she said "Yeah, because I only want to do the fun stuff."

*grin*

But then I said "What about reading and science and history?"

and she said "Oh yeah! Reading! Reading and math are my favorites!"

So, so far today she has down math and Japanese but write now she is preparing a postcard to send to our friend in AZ. I am hoping to make it to the post office today. I need to send out her birthday party invitations.

**************

One of my favorite things about our new house is that we put the rocking chair nex to the window and every morning before we do anything else, Z and I snuggling in the rocking chair under a blanket. Some morning we are up early enough to watch the sunrise. Other days we see the squirrels running about and the doves feeding. I love this new tradition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The image of you and Z snuggling at sunrise is so pleasant. I hope you didn't try and make it to the Post Office yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Exactly...I *did* try to make it to the post office...and it was closed, due to MLKjr Holiday. LOL!
Little one and I also love to snuggle. I hope she doesn't grow out of it too soon!
F

Cher Mere said...

So actually I went to my UPS store and not the post office and I got my stamps and they took the mail to deliver the next day.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is a great ritual. What a beautiful way to begin your day. I sure miss Ami in the day but my husband and I agreed on a trial of a year if it wasn't horrible.

My new routine is doing Ami's nails the night before piano lesson: trimming and painting. She loves it and feels extra special.