Wednesday, January 24, 2007

part of the book list

This is the list I came up with (before reading your input). I picked these particular books for several reasons
1. Z hasn't read them yet
2. They have a topic that seems to lend it self to discussion
3. Some of them I am worried that if Z doesn't read them now she will be too far past them soon (not these first three)
4. They are not girl-centric since half the class will be boys

Swallows and Amazons

Treasure Island

Black Beauty

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

Trumpet of the Swan

The Great Brain

All Creatures Great and Small

The Phantom Tollbooth

The Wheel on the School

The Tale of Despereaux

The Whipping Boy

Now that you have seen the list I was wondering if any of Z's online friends would like to read along with our group and take part in an online discussion group. The discussion will take place once a month. I know Z would love to connect with her online friends this way.

We would even be willing to do a different online book club if someone else want to choose the books (like a more girl-centric one.)

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Yes! K would love to participate. We are finally dropping our former book club, since we've moved away from that city, and they are still reading Magic Treehouse. (Nothing against MTH - K used to love them! But we've moved on now!) So K would love to join your online club. You have excellent timing :-)

Your book list looks great. I'm not very good with gender-neutral suggestions... but I did think about Half Magic and the others in that series - has Z read all those? K read 2 or 3 of the books and loved them.

Cher Mere said...

Cool! Glad to hear it.

Cher Mere said...

Great to hear it Sarah. I will let you know when we are starting.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Sorry.

Ami has read 3 of them also. I think she would like to do it if I mentioned it but I am not sure she can until she is done with school. She is reading prolifically every night in bed but I don't know if she could find the time to write regularly.