Thursday, January 18, 2007

Well today was busy

But I managed to not let it get away from me. One thing that helped was having a plan for fitting in homeschooling.

Z ended up having not one but three auditions today. One at 10:30, and then, two different products at the same casting studio at 4:30 and 5:00.

Waking up at 6:15 with Pere helped me fit everything else in out day, including a voice lesson, a japanese lesson and a workout for me at the gym.

This morning we started with snuggling, breakfast, chores, Yoga, pilates, and then while I did the elliptical for 20 mins in the gym Z did four pages of math. We came home and she did some grammar and Japanese before her first audition. Then we got in some music and history (Les Miserables) and reading of a kids science magazine. We drove back into our town for her voice lesson. Then she read some character development books and had her Japanese class.



After the second and third audition we came home and had the dinner that Pere had waiting for us (Thanks Pere!). She got in her half hour of piano and is now soaking in the bath. I promised her some more snuggling before bedtime. Her bedtime book that I am reading her is Just So Stories. It is fun to read aloud.

After bed I am hoping to do some strength training with weights and then snuggle up with my other Honey and watch Top Chef.

I wanted to share some websites I have been browsing:

http://customcom.typepad.com/gastrokid/2007/01/sunday_culinary.html
I have also been thinking about hosting an an adult dinner party/ kids playdate. I was thinking a wine tasting with ethnic bites like dim sum, empanadas, tapas, etc and a water tasting for the kids (different brands of bottled with tap as well) and cute cut sandwiches.

http://www.ccof.org/organic_kids.php
This California Certified Organic Farmer website has an Organic Activity and Coloring book to download for free. There is another one at Earthbound Farms http://ebfarm.com/JustForKids/index.html


(a pic I took from my car on the ride home tonight)

No comments: