Thursday, August 30, 2007

gifted & homeschooling

Since this blog is supposed to be about homeschooling my 6 year old gifted daughter I guess I should actually write about that every once in awhile...

Z has been very good lately. She has very helpfully been going with the flow while I try to get so many things done. (Including feeding a stray cat and her two newborns that we found in the parking lot...)

All Z's teachers know now that she is moving.

Her gymnasics teacher, of the last two years, has been testing their class for "level four". Z is doing cartwheels off the balance beam now.

Today Z did great at voice. Her singing was noticably better than even last week. She did Honey Bun so well her teacher said that if Z made a demo that she should definitey use that song. I don't see why Z would need a singing demo at this age but it was an interesting thought. Z did have a demo for voice over work but she was actually working as a voice over actress then.

Her piano teacher was very sad. But she told Z "You have to practice very hard before you leave so that you can show your new piano teacher all you can do." And Z has been doing so. Piano is one of the only things I am making sure she does everyday.

I admit we haven't been doing Japanese. I haven't really been doing much with Z at all. I am driving around quite a bit so we are listening to the second book in the Indian in the Cupboard series. At home she is also reading the Spiderwick books, some poetry books, and HP5.

I am itching to start homeschooling but I think we are going to wait the three more weeks until we get to Indiana. We will spend the rest of our time here visiting with family and friends when we are not running errands and taking care of business.

I should say again how proud I am of her and how easy she is being while I am trying to deal with all this other stuff. Tonight, for example, she played with children's toys in the lounge at CarMax while we took care of selling the Jetta. We will only need one car in S.B. and we have chose to ship the BMW.

She also kept herself busy playing with her fairy dolls in ehr room while I was on the phone booking a flight for the cats. :)

5 comments:

Shari said...

Sounds like an excellant plan for winding things down while you are there. I hope everything goes smoothly. :)

Garden State Kate said...

Sounds like you have been getting a lot done., I hope your move goes smoothly.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Even though there may be stress, it sounds exciting and wonderful for all of you.

C's Learning Treasures said...

Z has so many talents and activities, that it sounds like she home schools even when your not doing it formally:)

Anonymous said...

An easy child is such a blessing. I hope you are ticking off all the things on your to do list.