Saturday, September 01, 2007

Friends

We have a full schedule ahead of us playdates and parties with friends.

Today is Z's bestfriend's birthday party. I realized last week that this girl is an amazing artist.



Tomorrow we are having family friends over for dinner. Z calls their daughter her "evil best friend." Not because the girl is evil but because when they used to play pretend the friend liked to play the "bad guy". All of Z's other friends will only be the "good guy." This girl can be anthing she wants to be. I can see her being some kind of writer or Literature professor.



Monday we are getting together with another "best friend" for a labor day party. She wants to be a marine mammal trainer.


Tuesday we having a playdate with a little boy that Z has been friends with for two years. He is going to be a rock star.



And then Wednesday we are having another playdate with another little girl "bestfriend". I could see her being an actress or writer, she makes up great stories.



Thursday she has classes.

Friday I am hoping to set up a playdate with our friends in Camarillo. (Hmmm, writer, diva and athlete? wink*)



(and of course I am very good friends with all the moms)

We have our move date and only 19 more days before we move. Homeschooling can wait. Being with friends is what we really want to do.

6 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

How wonderful it is for Z to have such a variety of friends:) It must be hard for her to think about leaving them?

Shari said...

Sounds like the Homeschooling break in liu of friends is going to be a fun time for both of you.

Hopefully all the move planning goes smoothly.

Daphne said...

Wow I cannot believe you are moving so soon! You must be super organized to get all the ducks in a row so quickly. It's going to be a bittersweet week for Z I'm sure (and you of course) - is she going to be pen pals with her friends? That might be fun, even I love "snail mail".

Jaime said...

Things are moving so fast! Good luck with packing. I'm a terrible packer. I wait until the last minute and then throw things into random boxes and bags, and commit to making 50 trips in my car with leftovers. I would really have to get my act together if we ever moved across the country!

Homeschooling CAN wait - enjoy friends :-)

Garden State Kate said...

Enjoy all your play dates!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your last weeks of friends and chaos. Your life will be so pleasant and slow after the move is finished. The photos are darling.

I can't believe you are moving in less than two weeks. Wow.