Friday, September 07, 2007

byes

I was thinking I would write about how Z received a "talking to" tonight regarding how she is not the parent and she is not to tell us what to do or speak to us in a sassy manner.

But instead I remembered the nice time we had at a friend's house today. Z's little friend made her the sweetest going away picture book that she illustrated herself. Z and I both got to talk with our friends and then we all played the fun new game Whoonu together. It was hard to say good-bye so instead we all went and had ice cream at one of the places our families had first gotten together at.

Finally when it was time to say good-bye there were tears on Z's part. This is all very hard for her. She had to say good-bye to many friends the last few days.

As far as our moving goes we have one week till the moves come and 13 days until we fly away.

5 comments:

sarah said...

I think that kind of sassy talk is part of age - it certainly seems to be a widespread complaint amongst the parents I know.

I feel for Z, having to leave all her friends. She will of course make new ones but it will take a long time before she can appreciate that. Hard for you too. ((Hugs))

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It sounds so sad for Z and it must be so difficult for you too.

Forte said...

Poor Z! It is a good thing she's such a sunny and bright little person. I think she won't have trouble making friends in her new hometown. It is so hard to leave friends behind though:(
Forte

Garden State Kate said...

I feel for you all, I had to move
from NJ to Texas when I was in High School, and it was very hard to leave my life! ((hugs))

C's Learning Treasures said...

I think it's normal for kids to act a little differen during times of change. Moving is always so hard, especially a move like your doing, relocating to a whole new part of the US. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you in the coming days:)