Friday, September 14, 2007

Come one, come all

Well we have now been able to visit most of our friends. There are a few that we will have to wait to see when we come back. The week before last we had five playdates with friends and this week we had four plus a visit to our old homeschool park group where Z got to play with about fifteen very good girlfriends she had made over the last two years there. That day worked out really well.

I am so happy and grateful that both Z and I got to spend so much time with our good friends here. It makes me sad to leave a place with so many cool, supportive, like-minded and kind friends.

I am really excited and gratified by how many friends are already planning trips to come visit us this year. So far three of our very good friends are making plans to come visit us while they are visiting other family in the midwest. We have one family coming in October, one in May and one without definite plans but a lot of enthusiam. *smile*

I had to explain to Z that Indiana is not a place most people can justify going to on vacation unless they are bundling it in with a trip to see family or a cross country drive or something.

I am so happy to be able to say we have a guest room now (plus Z's trundle bed and a futon in the basement.) And, of course, all my good internet buddies should totally let me know if they are in the area so we can meet up in real life.

Today is a big day - I have finally finished packing and the movers are coming within the hour.

6 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

That's great! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in the *new* state ;-)

Garden State Kate said...

Safe travels and let us know you have arrived safely!((hugs))

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It is interesting to be in an empty space with your belongings sent on their way except for essentials.

I hope you enjoy your week, and safe travels.

Shari said...

Happy Travels!! I hope everything arrives in good order and that you enjoy your trip to your new home!

Jaime said...

So exciting! Post pictures when you get there!

Forte said...

Be Well! May all of your belongings get where they're going, and may you have an uneventful journey;)
Forte