Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Homeschool schedule

Z and I can't wait to start homeschooling!

Today I rewrote my schedule and I feel like everything looks really good though I still need to do a bit more research.

We are going to do classes four days a week.

Math - 30 mins a day - using Livingmath.net books and games working on concepts from Everything You Need to Know About Math Homework 4th - 6th Grade

Language Arts - 30 mins a day - using Classical Aesop curriculm but using Beatrix Potter instead of Aesop and working on concepts from Everything You Need to Know About English Homework 4th - 6th grade

Social Studies - 30 mins a day
Day One - Reading from Renaissance era biographies
Day Two - Finish Reading if necessary, make a Bio Page for history notebook and add words to Renaissance Glossary
Day Three - Geography work book or Geographunny book
Day Four - Reading a story from a different culture integrated with geography

Science - 30 mins a day
Day One - Nature study with journaling
Day Two - Continue with local flora and fauna study
Day Three - Science Experiment and Log
Day Four - Other

Reading - 30 mins a day - Reading classical stories, biographies and poetry

Japanese - 20 mins a day - I am still not sure what we are going to do for Japanese... :(

Then sometime in the afternoon Z will do an "enrichment" class - art, crafts, cooking, and "other"

Then one day will be our field trip day. There are so many new things in S.B. that we want to see. In the winter that day might be for projects or movies or something indoors and warm.

I am not sure about her classes yet. She will still take piano and hopefully voice, but I am unsure if she will continue with gymnastics or start dance. I am not sure if we will take anymore classes as I don't want to get over committed.

6 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

I really like your schedule! It sounds like the perfect amount of time for the academic learning, while having extra time for enrichment and free time:)

Shari said...

:) Can I study with you? It sounds interesting. Will you be waiting until after you move before starting?

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Your plan sounds well thought out and it will be fun for you to implement it in your new home. We do the same 4 days with 2 days out of the house.

Garden State Kate said...

I like your schedule too.
I can't wait to read about
all the new places you check out in SB.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! If formal school could be about 3 hours a day until about age 10 I might consider it!

sarah said...

Sorry to be coming in here late. I also very much like your schedule and the things you are studying. I like how you are combining history and geography. And I checked out a couple of your resources - they look wonderful.

How exciting for you to be getting into homeschooling again, and in a new home too with a whole new area to explore!