Monday, August 27, 2007

Harry Potter goodies

Our friend H, who was Z's librarian and is now a librarian at a big library in Indiana, sent us some goodies from their book seven release event. I had seen pictures and the release party looked amazing! Here are the goodies she sent us.

a several page version of the Daily Prophet. Z read it all today


A version of Mrs. Weasley's clock. I can't wait to make this project.


Also a lightning bolt sticker, a Marauder's Map and two S.P.E.W. badges


Of course Z had to dress up in her Harry/Hermione cloak, witches hat and glasses.


Recently Z has been reading some kids books, like Spiperwick and Bunnicula. We also listened to The Indian in the Cupboard. That story was great! I highly recommend it. We are also listening to The Mouse and the Motorcycle. I remember liking that when I was little but not so much now. Indian in the Cupboard is better. I also read Spiderwick. I was okay. The first book is not a whole story in and of itself so I will have a read the next one to see if I like it.

For bedtime Z asked me to go back to reading Robin Hood. At one point we were singing a song as Frair Tuck and Robin. It was great fun!

Update on the house hunting...

We found a house. We made an offer. They made an counter offer. We accepted. Now we are just waiting to sign stuff. Once it is all a done deal I will post pictures. :)

9 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

What a thoughtful gift for Z! Congratulations on the house!

Daphne said...

Wow that was fast! How very exciting for everyone :) And I would never have guessed Z was a muggle in that ensemble... very witch-like.

Shari said...

Congratulations on the house!

I love that clock. What a great idea! The SPEW badges would make me laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you,and Z looks very witch-like

C's Learning Treasures said...

Wow,what a treat for Z!

Congrats on the house,that was fast!

L said...

Congratulations on the house!

The Daily Prophet looks really neat. Z would make a great witch :)

sarah said...

Oh, Daphne said what I was going to say - wow, that was fast! Congratulations! Very exciting.

Garden State Kate said...

Congrats on the house!
How exciting for you all.
Z is adorable.

Sucero Family said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Potterific goodies Z!
HA