Monday, August 06, 2007

Update - How things are going

Well we are more than half way through summer. Where did the time go?

I had some homeschooling goals that I wanted to accomplish this summer with Z and that has been going so-so.

I pretty much forgot about the typing. Mayhap I will remember this afternoon. Then again, maybe not. *grin*

She has got a lot of her multiplication table memorized. I am pretty happy with how she is doing there especially since I kind of forgot to do that much too. :P

We did finish King Arthur last week. Now we have nothing to read.

When we haven't been doing any school work, which is most of the time we are playing lot of board games, having pool parties and visiting with friends. Z is also reading to herself, singing, pretending to be a computer programmar and drawing.

We have been working some extra on manners... Z was back-sliding a bit. But she really does want to do better and thus she is.

Yesterday we went to Staples and I came to the sad realization that I already own everything they have there... no back to school shopping for me. I have ever type of paper, and writing instrument, and adhesive, and pin, and paint and paperclip... oh well.

We also went down to L.A. and celebrated Pere's parent's anniversary. Thirty-eight years together. Isn't that great?!

5 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

I felt like the summer went by so fast!

I know what you mean by school supplies lol,I think as homeschoolers usually have all the needed items on hand already;-)

38 years of marriage,that's really great!

Anonymous said...

38 years -- it's great to have that kind of example in your very own family!

We also seemed to think that summer was about 2x as long as it really is -- oh well, our kids are still young and we have many years to do all that stuff right? Right?!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Congratulations to your inlaws!

I thought the supplies were a little boring; I did last year as well.

There are items not allowed in schools here for example, no rolling backpacks. The children are given lists of what they are suppose to bring and these lists are posted at the stores. So, the retailers don't go out of their way with innovative displays and merchandising of new products.

I think the items not in the bulk are are more interesting. And some of the most colorful and stylish items can be found at the bookstore.

sarah said...

I read somewhere once that children usually like to come and play at homeschoolers' houses because they have so many games and art/craft supplies!

It sounds like your summer has been dreamily relaxing.

My grandparents were married for more than fifty years before my grandfather died. I believe they got a telegram from the Queen on their 50th. I do know nana was cross that grandad died before their 60th because she wanted another telegram!

Garden State Kate said...

38 Years is awesome!
I know what you mean about the school supplies...I let P pick out her notebook and folder, even though we have plenty on hand. She just wanted to choose her own. I did need glue sticks ;-)