Friday, August 10, 2007

used books

Today I went to coffee with our older friends and then to my favorite used bookstore. I was really in a rush and only had 10 minutes to looks around. But I was so delighted with what I found.

I actualy found another I Love Math book. This is one of Z's favorite series. She started on them when she was 4 so they are way too easy for her now but I bought it for her anyway because to her they are like dear friends. This one is all about the math you found in nature - like patterns, temperature and classifying.



I also found Bunnicula for fifty cents and I had recently thought Z might enjoy reading that. It did keep her occupied while we were waiting for our lunch later today day.



This is the Golden Book of Children's Poetry. It is from 1963. It has 85 poems with the sweetest illustrations.



Here is a picture from Moon Song by Mildred Plew Meigs (dont you love that name?)


This is a geography book in a series that I collect called Brown Paper School Book. I love when I find one of these. I have two for math, two for science, one for history and now this this geography one.


Since we are studying insects for science this fall I thought this cool coloring book would be a nice addition. It is not just a coloring book but each coloring page is faced by an informational page with animals grouped by different way - like water insects or night insects. There is even a page on fireflies!


Lastly, right behind the check out counter I saw this book. It is in PERFECT condition with it's dust cover and everything.

This is the front of the book


This is the back cover which is upside down from the front. The book is divided between pictures and tales of good and bad fairies


Here is an example of the art work inside. I love Brian Froud.

4 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Awesome finds!
It is hard to find a used bookstore around here. Beautiful pictures.

sarah said...

Oo! Oo! Sticking my hand up in the air! I have that Faeries book. I've had it for years and absolutely love it.

I love what you found. So lucky!!

C's Learning Treasures said...

Great books! I wish we had a good used bookstore close by. A few years ago I found a wonderful place,but it closed down:(I just love the feeling you get from great finds like that:)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Ami loves the look of the fairy books you found.

I am glad it was a little one and it sounds like you didn't get broken glass. I am so glad I don't live in earthquake country anymore! I was in San Francisco when the 7.1 hit San Francisco in 1989.