Monday, August 20, 2007

pictures and music mornings

Here in L.A. we have a radio program on Sunday mornings called Breakfast with the Beatles. I am a huge Beatles fan and at one point I thought I had every song they ever released in America plus some stuff they did in a German club but this program has so may songs I have never even heard... it is interesting but also disconcerting.

Well anyway I was listening to Breakfast with the Beatles on the way home from Escondido yesterday morning and I remembered how we often had music playing at my house when I was a kid. Most of my Beatles albums are the same ones my Mere used to play on the record player when I was a kid. I remember going through phases where each album was my favorite. I started off liking their earlier stuff when I was younger and got more into their later work when I was a teenager. But their music was always there for me and my many moods.

So was Elton John and his Yellow Brick Road, and Creedence, and Jethro Tull, and many others. And I had my own music, starting in 1984 - Van Halen, Men at Work, Duran Duran, The Cure, Depeche Mode, etc. But always there was the Beatles.

I am also really into classical music, and some reggae, and old Top 40 like Prince, Phil Collins, Billy Joel and Cyndi Lauper and New Top 40 like Gwen Stefani and Green Day.

We have a lot of music at home including a bunch of musicals that Z has been really into since she was two or three.

Getting back to the Beatles... well that is what I want to do, get back to the Fab Four. I want to have my own Breakfast with Beatles every week. I want Z to grow up knowing all their songs like I do. I am think every Friday morning is a good time to listen to them. Maybe Monday will be Classical. The other days can be Z' pick days, and Me pick days, and Morning Becomes Eclectic days. *smile*

So special music days is the new thing I will be adding to our curriculum this year.

***********************

Here are some pictures I took recently



Today there was the cat in the tree outside my second story window. We call him "Little Merry" because he is a smaller version of our cat Merry. He got down just fine.


This is a picture of Z floating in the tub. I was about to wash her hair and she looked like this and I wanted to capture her "floaty" look.


Sometimes she looks serious like above and sometimes she looks like this. *smile*

5 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It sounds like fun! We do music here as well, but I will have to write a post.

I love the photos! Pretty...

C's Learning Treasures said...

You do alot of fun things with Z:)

Z is so pretty,she looks alot like you I believe?

Garden State Kate said...

I was a Beatles kid too!

Gorgeous pictures of Z- I love the floaty look, but P won't allow cameras in the bath area right now.

sarah said...

I miss having music playing all the time in my home. Rose needs the quiet.

Lovely photos.

Cher Mere said...

Thanks everyone.

O'mom - I wish I looked like Z but she really takes after her father and maternal grandmother. I guess it is good that she got his looks and my brain. *joking*