Wednesday, August 15, 2007

all is well and treasure hunt

Today Z had her yearly check up at the Doctors. I am very happy to report that other then being skinny everything is normal. *wink* She is 46 inches tall (average for her age), 36 lbs, has 20/20 vision, got everything perfect on the hearing test and all her fluids tests came back normal and good. Her spine is not curving and her ears, mouth, eyes, etc all seem healthy. :)

This afternoon I wrote up some treasure hunts for her. One had specific things she had to find around the house and another had descriptive terms like "wooden" and "magnetic"

Right now she is practicing for her voice lesson. She has a lot of songs from Mary Poppins right now "Supercalifragalistic, A Spoonful of Sugar, Jolly Holiday, Let's Go Fly a Kite and Stay Awake. I am letting her sing along to the dvd we have of it.

7 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

I am glad she's healthy,she certainly always looks healthy and happy in the pictures:)

The treasure hunt sounds fun!

Garden State Kate said...

That sounds like fun!
I agree with LWO, Z always looks
happy and healthy!

sarah said...

Congratulations on keeping your child so healthy :-) I like the changes to your weblog.

Cher Mere said...

Thanks everyone.

I was concerned a bit. Both Pere and I had glasses and sometimes I would swear Z has a hearing problem...

Also when the Doc was checking her spine she frowned and asked me if Z does gymnastics everyday. I thought maybe there was something wrong with her back, even though she only goes once a week. But the question didn't seem to be connected to her spine at all. *whew*

Shari said...

It sounds like she is healthy and thriving! That is, of course, no surprise at all, but definitely a wonderful thing for a mother to hear.

:)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, purple! Glad you had a good checkup. We tend to forget to get those . . . My 4yo weighs the same as Z. -- but she's 4 inches shorter! (Us cornfed, dairy lovin' Midwesterners . . .)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I am glad she is doing well.

Your version of the treasure hunt sounds like a lot of fun. Ami's Thursdays are Treasure Hunt Thursday so I may use this idea :)