Wednesday, August 29, 2007

quotes and pics

As you can imagine I have been running my rear off the last two days getting papers signed and faxed, visiting the bank and the UPS store, etc

But it is ever so much better to be busy like this then to be waiting to find out where my life is going like I was for almost the last two months.

It might seem like this is all coming together fast but in reality Pere and I have been working hard behind the scenes to make this happen since July 1st. It included a trip where we left L.A. at 11:00 at night on Friday and didn't arrive at our destination in Indiana until 14 hours later (we couldn't land in S.B. due to bad weather so we had to drive) and me having to actually yell at Enterprise rent a car for 15 minutes straight in a room full of people who couldn't help but listen.

Oh yeah and looking at the most disgusting house ever. Imagine if you locked 20 cats in a house for 20 years and let them use the carpeting for a litter box... *shiver*

I have to try not to think about that... yikes!

Well anyway I am very busy and I don't have that much to write about as I am sure you don't care to know how much it is going to cost us to ship four bedrooms worth of furniture and 85 boxes of books over 2000 miles... double yikes!

So Instead I will share some recent pictures of my favorite girl

Here is she in her nightgown cutting up pictures for a "new home/new life" collage.


Here she is resting on a George Seurat bench at the O'Hare airport


This one is of her with a "Detective Kit" she put together with help from her Nancy Drew books




Yesterday we went with Z's piano teacher and some students to the Hollywood to hear the Philharmonic practice. Here is a pic of Z at the bowl and Z wth her teacher.



Now for a couple quotes

Yesterday she was play fighting with her Pere and she said "Ill met by moonlight proud Oberon!" The thing is that she knows the correct quote but she said Oberson because Pere is a man, of course.

Also she was sitting a reading quietly next to me and she exclaims, with exasperation "I can HEAR my EYELASHES!" Apparently her eyelashes make too much noise when she blinks. LOL!! If you have seen her in person it is even funnier because she does have these huge long eyelashes... *grin*

9 comments:

Sucero Family said...

I KNOW how much it costs to ship stuff 2,000 miles! You start to wonder if you even LIKE that stuff enough to keep it...

Cher Mere said...

I know... but the most expensive stuff is my books and I can't really bear to get rid of them.

Daphne said...

We have moved 3 times in the past 4 years. I can't even imagine the amount of character you're going to build by having to move half way across the country. But it is such a wonderful feeling to finally find your niche :)

Anonymous said...

Noisy eyelashes -- that's awesome!

Good luck with that move. The books are a killer, I know. I can't get over how many boxes it takes to clear just one case.

Garden State Kate said...

Good luck with your move!
I could not part with my books either. ;-)
I love hearing "Z quotes"!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It is very expensive to move.

Darling photos.

C's Learning Treasures said...

Those are really cute pictures of Z:)

sarah said...

I hate moving even across the city, so I can't imagine the stresses of moving 2000 miles away. My brother just moved across the world, but he had professional movers do it all for him. They had to leave their cat behind (which I think distressed them more than leaving friends and family) ... how will you move your cats? Can they fly too?

Cher Mere said...

Hi Patience

The cats are all ready to fly. They are going to the cargo for pets.

We have moved 5 times since Z was born. I am so pleased to finally buy a home.