Sunday, October 15, 2006

That Sondheim

Today Pere had a project for Z.

This morning he taught Z about pointilism and George Seurat. He showed her how blue and yellow dots look green when far away and how dots closer together look darker than dots placed farther apart. Then Z made her own pointilism painting from a model.

Then they watched the first act of Sunday in the Park with George. I was working on our homeschooling schedule in another room during most of the show but I did come in and see the end and cry with Z.

I don't think she understood a lot of it but she asked good questions and Pere paused the DVD during after some parts to explain things.

*************

I worked on my schedule for homeschooling this week and ended up making a 6 week schedule for science, history, and math. I went through our science book first because I was wanting to plan our next topic and I wanted to see how long it might take for us to finish the Human Body book. It looked like we would end up finishing in about 6 weeks, just in time for Thanksgiving and the holidays.

So then I was curious about how many more chapters we have in our Norse Gods and Heroes book and that looked like it would take us up to five weeks - so if I add in some supplementation that is six weeks too. I did the same thing with her math book (six weeks plus a couple days each week for math games).

Cool!

No comments: