Thursday, October 12, 2006

ecstasy in music

this afternoon I had to ask Z is do all her practicing at once because we let the morning time get away from us without getting to the piano at all. I was worried that playing 3 songs 10 times each and 1 song 5 times would be too much for her.

but instead she played really really well! It was some of the best I have ever heard her play. These are things that she was saying while she was practicing. I had to write them down.

I said "I am glad you are enjoying your practicing so much and she said "I'm more than enjoying, I am overjoying! I am letting energy out into my music and that just gives me more joy and energy."

and she also said "Now I see how happy you can be once you practice a lot."

She is working on four Kabalevsky songs right now. The newest one, Song, is really good! It has a beautiful morose tune and Z plays it very well. I think she really happy with the music in part because she likes this song so much. But she also likes it because she is playing it really well and that makes her feel great. :)

That was probably her best practice ever!

She also said "You know when I am frustrated with math? This is like the opposite of that. Actually it is way more than the opposite!"

Now I just need to find some math that gives her that ecstasy.


*****************
This morning:

Z asked if she could work on social studies while I was making breakfast. I told her yes and that today she was going to put her new quarters into her U.S. map. I talked her through it while I was cooking by telling her things like "That one goes on the east coast, in the north" and "that one is a land-locked state in the south" and "that one is a peninsula." Then afterwards I gave her a little test on the terms.

Then she wanted to do some more I Love Math. Then she learned about the nervous system in science. Then it was time for her audition. I think the audition went well. I don't know really. I didn't get a vibe off it at all.

No comments: