Sunday, October 29, 2006

Birthday Party

Today was the birthday party of one of the boys in Z's gifted kids playgroup.

Last night we were at the store and Pere took her to find a card for him. She was looking in the grown-up card section and found one that said something like "I will always be there for you, my love" and she said "I don't think I love him that much."

But she did find another great card for him, also in the sentimental adult card section. This is what it said:

An Invitation to Happiness:

Stay loose – learn to watch snails.
Make little signs that say “yes”.
Make friends with freedom and uncertainty.
Cry during movies.
Giggle with children.
Swing as high as you can.
Do it for love.
Take lots of naps.
Laugh a lot.
Hug trees.
Write letters.
Celebrate every gorgeous moment.
Read every day.
Do it now.
Listen to those older than you are.
Entertain your inner child.
Believe in magic.


Isn't that a great card??

She read the whole thing to me and gave reasons, almost line by line, why this was the perfect card for her friend. Even down to how they watched snails together the other day.

The birthday party was at a park by the beach. They had good healthy snack foods (yeah!) and a very cool homemade dinosaur, volcano, pyramid cake that the kids got to help decorate.

The kids made bubbles, drew, played in the sand/dirt, and got pulled by a rope through a box tunnel on their stomachs. Z had a really great time.


play group friends


bubbles


hula hoop


decorating cake

After the party we came home and rested for awhile. I sat with Z in the comfy rocking chair by the window and we cuddled for a long time. It was really nice.

Then the neighbor girl came over and they played for a bit. Her mom invited Z to go with them to the mall to go on the carousel but I told them, honestly, that I am not ready for her to go off with people yet.

btw, I like Daylight Savings Time because then I get to feel like I am sleeping in. :)

1 comment:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Z chose a great card!