Wednesday, October 11, 2006

asking for fun math

This evening before dinner Z said "Didn't you say that if I finished my math on time then afterwards we could play some math games?"

Me: "Umm, yeah." (but we didn't do any math today.)

Z runs off to her room and brings back one of her I Love Math books. See has seven of eight of these books and she really loves them. I think they are too easy for her these days thought they were great for last year. I really wish I could find something like them for her.

*********

Today was our homeschool park day. Before the park Z worked on the story she is writing and then practiced her piano. At the park she did her Shakespeare class, and made a tie-dye shirt with the Girl's Club.

One kind of weird thing happened. There are these two older kids - like 12 and 10, who are very gifted. I talked about their mom recently on my blog and how it was nice talking with her since I didn't have to guard my speech so much.

Anyway while Z was tie-dying her shirt the girl V came over and asked Z how she was doing and Z asked her if she wanted to play and V said yes and then Z left the Girl's Club and went over and played with V and her brother N. Isn't that kinda weird? Still Z thinks they are totally cool because they are obviously really smart and knowledgable and they are funny.

Second weird thing is these teenaged boys came and sat by me today and wanted to talk with me about manga and anime. I enjoyed talking with them too because they watch some of the same shows I do and I also like talking manga. I feel kinda weird that I still get along so well with teenaged nerds. LOL

We had to learn early because she had an audition. It was for Nauticca. Tomorrow she has another audition for CSI. That should be cool. It is more fun when she has lines to learn.

1 comment:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Ami liked these last year. We checked them out from the library. http://www.gregtang.com/