Monday, October 09, 2006

re: Looking Schooly

Jaime

I am not sure what to do! Z has always loved her lessons. This is the kid that used to tell me "I hate free time!" But I forced it on her anyway. :P

I do think downtime is really important though and I do worry that Z is not getting enough of it on "school days." I can't figure out what subject I might drop. Unless I do something like science one week and replace it with history another week. We could also possibly drop one or more of her classes.

Forte

We used to fit everything in before lunch (starting at 8:00 not 10:00) but now she has classes in the a.m. so I either had to move some of her subjects to the afternoon or drop them.

So it sounds like Gracie does Math, grammar, science, history at home but not necessarily on a daily basis. And then outside of the home she does Chinese, Art, Music, and 4H. Does she have homework for those classes?

It is cool that Gracie is doing so well in cursive. Z is just starting to pick it up.

Sarah

By personality I am a list maker. I always make schedules like this, designing them is fun for me (I know that probably sounds weird if you are not the kind of person who is into making lists:)). But our homeschooling day rarely goes according to plan. Usually we are interrupted by play dates or unplanned events like auditions.

This morning we are getting started an hour late becacuse Z slept in. I really was hoping to try out my new schedule today but it looks like Z was coming down with something the night we went to Temple. This morning she has a runny nose. :(

No comments: