Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Our geography study today

We took items from Zoe's room and around the house and then found what country they are from or what country they represent and found the country on a world map and wrote the name of the country and the continent it is on (or for Hawaii the state) on a folded piece of paper.







I managed to find something from every continent for her to look up (except Anarctica). We even got into our DVDs (see Wallace and Gromit, Clash of the Titans, Amelie, Lord of the Rings, and the Three Amigos?)

Thank you friends who have sent Z postcards from around the world - they are in there too!

Thursday we are going to do a similar project but we are going to work in the kitchen looking at foods and spices.

Maybe Friday we will end up at the zoo with a map and Z will write in or draw the animals on their home origins.



Lastly here is an out of focus picture of Z at her piano recital. I am having trouble getting the video I shot to play.

1 comment:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very cute! I hope she is able to see the bright side of her performance soon.

I like your geography lesson.

I love to do projects with Ami and I miss that.