Friday, July 06, 2007

yet? no, not yet.

I have a lot of noises going on inside my head these days. Where to live is probably the loudest.

Pere said last night that buying a house is the biggest decision we will make until we buy another house. That, of course, just makes me want to put my head in the sand. I am an impatient girl but if I can't make a decision now then I would rather not even think about it.

Part of me really wants to Just Settle Down Somewhere Finally (!!!), because Pere and I have lived in six places since I was pregnant with Z.

Another part of me wishes we could just travel around the world, and stay, at least a year, in France. *grin*

A third part of me is afraid to commit to buying a house. There are so many things that can go wrong. I shiver at the thought of them. Yet, I tell myself, many people less capable buy houses. And then I try not to think of the people I know who are having forclosures or getting upside on their mortgage.

I really don't know what I want yet. I am not ready to really figure it out because I know that when I figure out what I want I WILL make it happen. That is just how things go with me. I think it is one part planning, on part willpower, and one part magic. But, in the past, when I have really wanted something... wanted something enough to write it down and image it and then work towards it, I get it. But when you have that kind of power you have to accept the responsibility that comes along with "be careful what you wish for".

So right now I am planning but I am planning for a lot of different things. I am also writing some dreams down (that is where the magic comes in) but I am not lending my will towards anything in particular... not yet.

6 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

I had the similar feelings a few years ago when we left for a year. I would LOVE to travel the world, but staying it one place also has it's appeal:)

Garden State Kate said...

I hope you find where you want to be.

Forte said...

The waiting IS awful:( I hope you guys re able to piece it all together!:)
Forte

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Well, that is a tough decision.

Up until a few years ago, I had lived in California since college in San Diego and the Bay Area. Having bought and sold a few times now, I would say choose your target area, close to Z's activities, & lessons, & where you like to go. If that involves an horrendous commute for your husband then you have to pick closer to work because of the lifestyle. That is tough to do where you are because of the traffic, a job 20 miles away can be over an hour commute.

Also, buy in the best neighborhood you can afford.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I hope my post was not too forward. It is so much to think about, and I hope you are able to come to some resolve.

sarah said...

I hope you find the place you want to be and can settle. I agree with Mariposa - working out what you want and need and then buying in the best location for all of that is good sense. Rather than doing it the way we here tend to do it, which is going with what looks or feels nice and then having to work our whole lives around it, lol!