Thursday, July 12, 2007

first in line

Yesterday we all went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

We went to the movie theatre that is within walking distance of our apartment. I brought a back-pack with books for reading, an activity book, crayons, modeling clay, and snacks.

When "Goblet" came out I got to the theatre something like two hours early and I was still like 50th in line. Yesterday I was determined to be closer, much closer. I figured Z and I would at least be in the first ten. You might have guessed by the title though that we were first (and second.)

Yeah, we waited for a long time but we had a really good time. Z and I made tiny models of Harry Potter, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Scabber, Crookshanks, and some dragons. We met people that we knew and hung out with them a bit. We met the people in line with us and one little girl came over to color with Z.

I know it is probably going to be almost two years before we see another HP movie and I wanted it to be more of an "event" rather than just a movie. I think sitting in line for it makes it seems more special. And, of course, we got the best seats in the theatre. *grin*.

It was a very good movie. A lot was changed, of course. But I expect that so it doesn't really bother me. Z was very sad at the end and I was too! But I don't think it was any more scary than "Goblet" and perhaps even less so.

She didn't finish reading the first HP book. We got too caught up in playing with the modeling clay. But when we got home she took out Goblet of Fire and started re-reading that... *sigh*

No comments: