Monday, July 16, 2007

performance

Z performance went well. Her piano playing was technically sound but somewhat wooden which I chalk up to her only having three days to practice before the show. Her singing was quite cute and good. My bias opinion was that her song was the most appealing performance out of the 20 kids performing. *grin*

Z was the youngest. Then there was a handful of kids 9 - 11 and the rest were teenagers. We left before the last 3 violinists and since they were the oldest they were probably really really good.

I have wanted Z to volunteer to perform at old folks homes for a long time. I have an idea that she and Pere could perform together. And now that I see how welcoming and appreciative the audience there is I think I will try to set something up for them.

Z is very comfortable with older people. There was a lady sitting next to her last night who was in really bad shape, extremely thin, couldn't speak, etc and Z was very concerned about her and asked me a couple times if there was something we could do for her. I also remember her visiting my grandfather at his home and how she just jumped right up on his lap and brought him back from a lonely place. :)

It is harder for me because I am very sensitive and I get to feeling worried and sometime outraged for them if they are not taking care of well. And then I feel loneliness for them if I see them sitting all alone... well, I am sure you can image.

3 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

I bet she was terrific!
I just passed on a Rockin Girl Blogger award to you by the way.
;-)

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you're providing opportunities for Z to share her talents with others. I know I've been just as blessed as my audience is when I use my talents to bless the lives of others. It's a great habit to get into.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is wonderful! I thought Z would charm the audience.