Monday, July 30, 2007

the music



This afternoon Z and I met my MIL at the Grove in L.A. for lunch and a movie.

I really like the Grove. When Z was 9 months to 21 month we lived very near there and Z and I would go there at least once a week.

Today we ate at Marmalade Cafe and did some shopping at World Market and some boutiques. I got some more earrings. Z got a green parasol.


Then we went to see the new musical movie Hairspray. It was fun. Queen Latifah was great!

Z had a very hard time not getting up and dancing during the musical numbers. She did shake and shimmy and clap and groove in her chair though. That girl sure can dance!

Later at the grovery store she told me she made up part of a song and she needed to write it down. This is what she wrote:


This Place Has Changed
There are some things that cannot abide.
There are some things people cannot hide.
There is something different about this place.
I cannot see my own true face

This place is changed.
This place is ruthless
This place has changed
I am homeless

This place is at war,
they've set me up as a lure.

Everything has changed about this place
I cannot see my own true face.


That is all she wrote while we were at the store. I am not sure what she was thinking of but when she sang it she seemed to have something in mind.

7 comments:

Shari said...

What a beautiful thoughtful poem/song. Thanks for sharing.

sarah said...

Holy cow! What a stunning poem.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is lovely song. Z looks very pretty in her Hawaiian dress.

C's Learning Treasures said...

Amazing poem!

Your day also looked amazing and fun:)

Forte said...

Wow! It sounds like Z is really thinking about something...Maybe impending changes? I know Grace is a mess lately because of the move.
Great Poem:)
Forte

Garden State Kate said...

I love that she "needs" to write it down, I still have to stop what I'm doing to write for P.
Love the parasol!

Sucero Family said...

Wow, Z, very thoughtful and it rings true...in some ways I can see relevance in my own life as I'm sure most people can. keep it up.
paul