Thursday, July 26, 2007

excuses

I just haven't felt like blogging recently and it probably shows.

This coming year Z might be joining a homescoolers book club. They are reading middle school level books and the rate of one a month.

If she doesn't do this I was thinking we could do it together at home at the same rate, or close to it.
This is a list of books I will be choosing from: I will probably choose 4 books at first and then reevaluate.

Swallows and Amazons
The rest of the Oz books
The Jungle Book
The Black Stallion
rest of Narnia
The Book of Three
The Mouse and the Motorcycle
Bunnicula
Rabbit Hill
The Boxcar children
A Wrinkle in Time
Indian in the cupboard
Lost years of Merlin
Dark is Rising
Redwall
Rats of Nihm
Lord of the Rings
Stuart Little
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Cricket in Times Square
Sword in the Stone
Treasure Island
Black Beauty
The Borrowers
Five Children and It
Trumpet of the Swan
The Great Brain
The Children of the Green Knowe
The Phantom Tollbooth
Watership Down
The Door in the Wall
The Wheel on the School
Books by Edward Eager
Eva Ibbotson, Island of the Aunts
Dick King-Smith (Babe, the Gallant Pig

4 comments:

sarah said...

Rose has read many of those books and loved them. One of her recent favourites was Swallows and Amazons - she intended to read the whole series but gave up after about four books because she said they were all the same. Great list!

Do you not feel like blogging because you are downhearted or because summer is just so wonderfully relaxing?

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

We want to do a book club too. I am thinking about selecting a book and having a themed tea when it is finished. I got the idea the other day when I was looking at a book Forte gave me and Ami.

Once a month sounds great for a group, but do you then assign kids the reading?

I hope you feel better. Maybe the sickness has been coming on and it wiped you out? I hope things are better soon.

C's Learning Treasures said...

I hope you feel better,I have days I don't have a clue at what to blog about.

Great idea about the book club,our homeschool group wanted to start one, however the books were so below O's level we didn't bother.

Garden State Kate said...

The book club sounds great!