Thursday, July 19, 2007

playing catch up

Almost all of Z's classes wanted to do extra lessons to make up for what she missed while we were on vacation.

Tuesday was the craziest day. She had piano at 12:00 and then a voice lesson at 1:15 that we drove to but it got cancelled at the last moment, and then two hours of gymnastics from 3 - 5. Then a redo of the voice lesson at 6:00.

Yesterday we stayed home all day. In the afternoon we had some friends over to swim in the pool. But overall the day was slow and relaxing.

Today we are back running around. We are going to the Hollywood Bowl again this morning. Then a picnic lunch there with friends. Then back home for Japanese at 3:00. And then gymnastics at 4:00.

It is kind of like when you have a job and you go on vacation and when you get back you have this big pile in your inbox and it is like you didn't really have a vacation at all. Now in Z's case she likes her classes but for me it is a lot of extra driving around and sitting quietly while Z does something. *wry grin* (but actually I have been doing some writing and planning)

I think that after this week we are pretty much caught up though.

***************************

Meanwhile most days we are still doing homeschooling. I would say we are doing Homeschooling One Half. She has got piano (a couple of new songs to work on), Japanese, math and King Arthur. We are almost done with King Arthur and then I was thinking about watching Excaliber with her but I might have to check it out myself because I think there were was graphic scene with Launcelot and Guinevere.

On her own she is busying herself with her snap circuits (designing her own cuircuits), her science encyclopedia, Harry Potter, various websites on nutrition, and singing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dislike being that busy. You must have lots of energy. Also, I'm not sure what Homeschooling Full Version looks like but One Half seems full and enriching.

Glad to hear you can use Z's class time productively.

Garden State Kate said...

Wow,I hope you have a lot of energy,
I'm going to try for a nap on your behalf,lol.I agree with Nina, your half version sounds pretty full to me. :-)

C's Learning Treasures said...

It sounds busy, but I am sure Z will have fun;-)