Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potterific Weekend of Ninja Prowess Reading Marathon

or HPWNPRM for short.

Tomorrow morning we drive down to have coffee with our friends and then the HPWNPRM starts. First Z and I are going to see Order of the Phoenix again. Then we will be hanging out with a group of friends at the Barnes and Noble for hours waiting for book 7 to be released at midnight.

Saturday we wake up bright and early. No t.v., no internet, media at all except book seven which we will be taking turns reading aloud to each other. We will stay sequestered in our house, our only fuel soda, pringles and perhaps, throat lozenges. We need to finish the book by Sunday night so Pere can go to work on Monday.

It is going to hard. But if we loose our faith in our reading prowess we can revive ourselves with a rousing chorus of "Weasley is our King"

8 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Have a great time! I was thinking of you both when I received an e-mail
from one of the local B&N s near me about the Harry Potter party to wait for the book release.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a super plan~ We had something similar in mind until we discovered Scout has to meet his troop at 5:30am for a training hike (ugh..did none of these people realize the book release date?)

Enjoy! BTW< I tried to add you to my bloglines, but your blog does not stream feeds. (a feed alerts readers whenever you have a new post up). Check on your set up page for feeds and click yes! It really increases readership!

Forte said...

I hope you guys have oodles of Potteriffic fun:)
We will be going to a regular old bookstore party:P
Forte

C's Learning Treasures said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend:)

L said...

Have fun. I so wish my kids were already into HP. It would be so much fun to take them to the bookstore tonight.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the book. Now I need to find the time to read the book.

Anonymous said...

We're with you! I just got back from Whole Foods to complete our supply run. Eggmaster and Violet will be going up to B&N in a few hours for the party and then the book -- whee!

The exception is that I may go out with a friend for coffee so she can get out of the house -- and so that we can read HP together, of course.

sarah said...

Have fun! I'm envious, I won't get the book for a couple of days yet - yeah, I said I didn't care, but now I do. I'm lucky though, I get to read it all by myself, no one else here likes it!