Monday, July 30, 2007

dinner and homeschooling

Yesterday Z and Pere and I went to see the new Simpson's Movie. It was very funny! And pretty too - good graphics.

Then in the evening we drove down to L.A. to Pere's parents house. Here is Z playing near the pond in their back yard.


Then we met Tante Juliet down in Manhattan Beach for dinner. Here is a picture of Z playing on the red dog fountain.


I got some great presents. Pere got me the original British version of The Office on DVD (!!! love it!!


Tante Julie some Hello Kitty pajamas,


Pere's parents a signed book about a Geisha and CD of Japanese music


and Z got me a Sonoma cookbook and some very pretty earrings that she picked out herself. :)




and Hey O's mom! Guess what. Z is back to wanting to "homeschool" This morning, before we even had breakfast , I found Z digging through a bin of homeschooling books.

"Mommy, where is that green science book were were using last year, the about the environment, with the experiments?"

"Planet Patrol?" I asked

"Yes. I want to do some of those experiments now."

I convinced her to wait until after breakfast. :) During breakfast we listening to a great CD of French children's music that our Belgian exchange student got my for my birthday last year. Then we read about air pollution and looked up the air quaility index on the EPA site. (wow south central CA and some areas New Jersey are bad!).

Then Z did her experiement. She rubbed petroleum jelly inside three jears. One she set outside, one in her bedroom and one in the living room. After a week we will check and see how much pollution they have caught inside.

4 comments:

sarah said...

I love: the Office, the earrings, the experiment. I am like my nana, I don't feel like myself without earrings on. When I visited her in hospital after her stroke, she couldn't remember either of our names but she complimented me on my earrings!

Garden State Kate said...

Great pictures...love the earrings!

C's Learning Treasures said...

I love the pictures too:)

It sounds like Z is REALLY ready for homeschooling again;-)

Garden State Kate said...

Cher- have you seen this?
http://www.simpsonsmovie.com/main.html
It made me think of you.
;-)