Sunday, July 29, 2007

*big fat sigh*

Last night was my "at home" birthday dinner. We had one of my favorite meals, crab with lemon and butter and Key Lime Pie.
It was so good! It was so good that I ate too much. I ate way too much. *ugh* I felt like that blueberry girl in Willy Wonka.

I am sure there is a lesson to learn in there somewhere... something about moderaion...

We also went to see a friend in Midsummer Night's Dream at the Theatricum Botanical. Z was in that play two years ago and I sat in on a lot of rehersals and seem to have memorized all the lines. This was also a student production and really fun and funny to watch.



I was inspired by Mariposa and did some reorganizing of Z's room. She has gotten more into writing and doing projects that require paper and tape and scissors these days so I organized her "writing supplies".




Today we are supposed to go see the new Simpson's movie (Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig) and then have another birthday dinner with Pere's family.

Right now Pere is teaching Z HTML. Pere starting programming when he was six and he has been wanting to spend some time with Z doing some basic stuff.

7 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Does whatever a spider pig does.
Oops, I must have seen that commercial too many times,lol.
Sounds fun. Your dinner sounds yummy
too.

Shari said...

Looks like a nice job of organizing.

Happy birthday to you & I hope you enjoy the outing to the movies.

sarah said...

I envy your neat and tidy organisation. I dont even bother with that kind of thing any more.

Have I said happy birthday yet? I can't remember and am embarrassed to admit I might not have done. Anyway, Happy Birthday! I hope you are feeling better soon.

C's Learning Treasures said...

That sounds so wonderful:)I am glad you were feeling better on your special day!

Great job on the organizing,I will eventually do O's room:0

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful meal!

Z's room looks great. I love the bookcase that looks like a tower.

Forte said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm Glad you had Pere's good cooking! Hopefully you had fun at both! :)
Good for you on Organizing! We plan to do this when we move again, but right now our house looks like a scud missile hit it. ;)
Forte

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy the rest of your dinners. The image of the Blueberry Girl and the girl who wanted the golden goose is so powerful. I often think of it.

We have the same 3 bin pink and purple "thing." I am forever stumbling over what to call it when I am telling Citcat to look for something in there. What would you call it?