Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sleepover Milestone

Z went on her first sleepover last night.

It was with E, an older PG girl (10 yo) that are family friends of ours. I am good friends with the mom (some of you know her) and I feel really comfortable with them and that Z would be safe.

The girls went swimming first and then played some games and then sang and danced to Wicked for a couple hours before going to bed. Z said she missed me some when she was falling asleep but otherwise she had a blast and is ready to do it again soon.

I missed her right before bed too.

This afternoon we went over to a friends house for a playdate. We all went swimming in their pool and the girl's also played in their bouncy house.

Then this evening I dropped my cell phone in the sink while I was washing and we had to take an emergency trip to the mall. :(
While I was there I checked out the new i-Phones. *drool*

6 comments:

sarah said...

How lucky you are to personally know that family. I admire the mother so very much.

Congratulations to Z on her sleepover. That's a big milestone. I remember on my first one (I was about six) I didn't want to eat the mince pie they had for dinner and so was sent to bed in disgrace! I never asked to go on another sleepover ever again! ;-)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is neat for Z!

My first night away from my parents, other than relatives. was at Brownie camp at the age of seven.

C's Learning Treasures said...

How great for Z!

I remember my first sleepover(across the street), I actually ended up by coming home lol,I cried and so my mother came and got me,I was only 4.

Forte said...

It's a bog milestone! Congrats to Z:) It is nice when you have a family you can trust:)
Forte

Garden State Kate said...

How nice, I'm glad it was a positive experience for her!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! I have so many fond memories of sleepovers, starting at about that age. I don't think I am quite ready to have sleepovers with Violet -- that is, I don't think I'm ready to take responsibility for another kid!
My sister, on the other hand, though popular and outgoing, never liked sleepovers, and almost always ended up coming home, even as a teen. So funny how poeple differ.