Saturday, July 14, 2007

not so posty

I haven't been posting as much recently because I have a big life changing decision I am trying to work out (something good, don't worry) but I can't really post about it yet and since that is all I am really thinking about I am having a hard time coming up with topics.

********************************************************

But today was good.

We just had some good friends over that have a 10 yo PG daughter. Z loves her friend E and I just love talking with her mom, my friend, A and Pere gets along well with the father/husband. We have been inviting them over for Pere 5 hour chili for a couple years now. It is so good to have some local friends who actually like to eat our food. :)

Anyway we had a great dinner and evening with them and set up plans to have Z have her first sleepover with E in a couple weeks.

*********************************************************

Earlier this week Z's piano teacher invited her to play at a concert at the Jewish Home for the Aging. None of us were sure that Z would be prepared because she went three weeks without even touching the piano. But Z really wanted to do it so she practiced a lot the last two days and then today she went and played for her teacher to see if she was ready. And, yay, she was.

So tomorrow evening she will be playing two songs on the piano and singing to an audience besides judges or parents of other piano students. :)

7 comments:

sarah said...

Good luck to Z for her performance. And good luck to you in making your decision!

Garden State Kate said...

I hope Z enjoys her performance!

C's Learning Treasures said...

Ditto to the good luck:)I hope all goes well.

Shari said...

(delurking)

The performance for seniors sounds like an enjoyable way to utilize her musical side! I hope all goes well for her.

Anonymous said...

I hope your decision making is peaceful. I am glad it is something good.

Performing for older people sounds like a great experience. I'm sure they will love Z and her piano playing.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, looking forward to hearing about your decision. Performing for seniors is a wonderful idea, great for all involved.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love this idea. I use to want to do this with Ami, but forgot. I use to actually work with elderly as a social worker so I know what you mean Cher Mere. You can't fix every thing, but sometimes if you find that one special person who has noone to visit you can make a difference.