Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What to get Z?

After we put Z to bed tonight I went out to the bookstore to get some of Z's Hanukkah presents.

I got her Princess - a glittering guide for young ladies

and The Book of Wizard Craft: In Which the Apprentice Finds Spells, Potions, Fantastic Tales & 50 Enchanting Things to Make

and the DVD of The Neverending Story.

I also bought her a new (ish) bike, which is her main present.

She is really into science activities, fairies, princesses, Harry Potter... she likes games like Apples to Apples and Cadoo.

I am going to try to find her a prism, which I think I will hang in her room by her window.

I went looking for crafts tonight too. I was hoping to find something wonderful and magical. They didn't seem to have that at Michaels. :(

Any ideas?


Unschooling for today

Read Ranma 1/2 book 6 and book 1 manga
Did chores
Practiced Japanese vocabulary
Went to the Dentist and saw me get a cavity filled
Drew pictures
Science Class – planted bean seed and planted 5 other flowering seeds
Watched a Magic School Bus episode about computers
Went to the Library
Read two Hanukkah books
Practiced piano
Wrestled with Pere
Fed cat next door
Read a book about where the ingredients of cookies come from
Did evening chores
Finished My Side of the Mountain

4 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

How about what of those nettings that you hang from the ceiling? I have seen kits with butterflies but I imagine it could be adapted with any theme. When it is finished you hang in a corner and find a nice round comfy pillow that fits beneath and inside it. It can be a playhouse or it can be a reading nook.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

or a stage!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the big fluffy bean bag!
Forte

Cher Mere said...

Good ideas!