Saturday, December 23, 2006

Cheers!

We have some very cool friends who own a sheep ranch. Every other year we go and visit them and enjoy a "working vacation" during lambing season.

On their ranch they have a standing tradition to give "Cheers!" over a glass of wine at dinner (they have two wineries as neighbors.)

When we brought Z there last year she was really excited to clink glasses every night.

Over the years we have toasted, usually on Friday's when we have Shabbat dinner. Tonight we toasted because Pere made a wonderful Two Way Chicken (brined and braised) with Baby Artichokes and homemade Mashed Potatoes.

Z's toast was for "Hanukkah", mine was "For a husband that cooks" and Pere's was "For a family to cook for." *smile*

*********

Pere recently read My Side of the Mountain to Z and tonight he showed her how to strike sparks with flint and steel. It makes me feel good that Z is learning some more outdoorsy skills. I am sure we will be going camping again soon.

*********

This morning we took Z to a local crafts shop. She and Pere painted a birdhouse feeder. Z has been wanting to make one for awhile.



I made these things... I am not sure what they are...


*********
Yesterday morning I woke up to Z coughing and I went into her room and she was dressed like this. *grin*



Here she is just after we gave her new(ish) bike.


I asked her if she had a favorite present and she said 'I like them all the same. I like them all the way up to the highest part of the ceiling."

No comments: