Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Mommy, you get me everything I want most in the world"



7th night of Hanukkah

Presents so far:

1st night A Most Authentic and Genuine Guide Princess book
2nd night Presents from Grandmere, Grandpere, and Tante including Fairyopolis book
3rd night Crystal Prism (now hanging in room and making it most magical)
4th night Coupons for outings to the zoo, science museum, natural history museum, tinker, etc (she loved these!)
5th night The Neverending Story DVD (watched it the next morning, cried when Artax drowns in the Swamps of sadness)
6th night Wizard Craft craft book (made the wizard hat today)
7th night Fairy dress and princess accessories





She told me she plans to wear the dress every day.

Last night while she was sleeping I put this together in her room. We already had the canopy netting but we hadn't had it up since two houses ago. The rose flowered pillows and sheets are my summer time bed covers. The ribbons and flowers I made. She woke up this morning and was so surprised.



Also I wanted to share another project, although this one I worked on with Z. Her rock collection. The big one on the bottom is the fairy quartz that she paid thirty dollars for.



See how shiny it is?

4 comments:

Cher Mere said...

Heh. I thought Z was having a pretty low key holiday. a book for reading and a craft book, some coupons to take her to places where we have free memberships, a prism (I don't think most kids her age would even want a prism) . The DVD was one I planned to own anyway.

But the fairy princess outfit... I just love that color purple. I hadn't planned to buy it. I kind of got carried away when I saw it.

Now I am not to happy with it. Z is skinnier than the child they think should be wearing it, by several inches!.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is a lovely list of presents. It sounds like Z really appreciates all you do.

I also love how you decorated the canopy over her bed; it is magical.

We celebrate St. Nicolaus day here, a cultural tradition on my side. Ami’s dad gave her the Prilla costume and noticed the same.

It is still a gorgeous color for Z and she looks very pretty holding it next to herself.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

And the fairy quartz and the idea of velvet for her collection is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you really feel strongly about this subject don't you? Take it easy - no need to get all wound up...