Saturday, March 31, 2007

Picture books

I realized that recently Z has started to grow out of picture books. Or at least I don't see her reading them much anymore nor do we bring them home from the library.

But I am totally not ready for that! I love picture books and I think there are plenty of great picture books out there and would still be lovely and appropriate for Z.

With that in mind I went ahead and bought her a few picture books at the second hand store yesterday. I was also thinking that it has almost two years since I have gone through the fiction picture book section at our library. I think I need to look through them at least one last time before we move on.

And even though Z is reading Inkheart I think she still enjoys a good picture book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to reintroduce picture books too, simply because so many stories and historical biographies for children are written in no other format. And they are beautiful too!

Anonymous said...

That's what younger sibliings are for! ;)

Seriously, I am often grateful for having a younger one around to give V. a chance to "act young."

Would that I could read Frog and Toad to them til the end of time!

Anonymous said...

What then do I have to offer? lol. I have a few picture books for older readers on a sidebar. The Gregor Mendel book is fantastic.