Sunday, March 04, 2007

All better

Friday night I brought Z’s mattress into my bedroom so I could watch over her while she slept. I was worried about her fever getting worse.

I became more worried about her when she woke up in the middle of the night having some kind of hallucination. She was crying out to “stop!” and hold her hands out in front of her. Her eyes were open and she was looking about but she wasn’t really seeing what was there.

This had happened once before when she was younger and also running a fever.

I took her out our room and into the restroom and took her temperature and gave got her to drink some water. She woke up and got clear-headed enough to tell me that in her “dream” someone was threatening to poke her in the chest.

I asked her if someone had ever done that to her, like a kid at the park. She said no.

She went back asleep but a couple hours later she woke up with the same hallucination. She was crying out and waving her hands in front of her. :( It was really sad.)

But the fever had broke by morning and we took it easy yesterday. We taught her to play Monopoly and introduced her to the new Dr. Who.

I let her sleep in my room again last night and she slept soundly through the night. Today, other than not having her normal unlimited supply of energy, she seems much better.

5 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I am glad she is feeling better. It is scary when children hallucinate.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing. Fevers are scary, aren't they? I'm so glad to hear she's improving.

Cher Mere said...

Thank you both - she is doing much better now. The fever hallucination thing did freak me out. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor baby! Our littlest is strongly affected by fevers too.

Anonymous said...

Oh no:( So Sorry she had that!:( DD used to wake up with night terrors between 3- and it was AWFUL!
Hug
F