Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Grown Up Talk

Have I mentioned how much I love my homeschooling group? I have, haven't I? Well I really do.

Today I had thought provoking conversations with many of my friends there. We discussed some parenting, of course, but also we talked about sex, religion and politics (ah my favorite subjects.) We all had different opinions and I think everyone respected everyone else. I really appreciate my friends there.

***********

Z's cold has made her voice scratchy and lower and jeez she really sounds like a teenager when she talks. She already often speaks in an adult manner but she has a little baby voice. The way she sounds now I feel it is like looking into the future and it is kind of weirding me out.

**********

Today Z was playing "X-treme Basketball!" with Pere (every game Z plays ends up being "X-treme"!) and she cried "Give me back my ball you notorious villian!"

Pere asked where she even heard that term and she said "From Shakespeare! From Taming of the Shrew"

Well at least she is learning something...

*********

My Mere sent Z some presents today. They are just perfect for her.


Three new minerals - they are BIG! - quartz crystals, rose quartz and amethyst from a geode.


a teeny tiny teacup set


A Secrets Box just for her and a new fairy doll.

Thanks Mere!

3 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very cute story about Z!

I like the box her grandmother sent her. Did she make it?

Anonymous said...

Your Mere gives Z such thoughtful gifts. Does she make the paper items? I wondered about it as well when you posted about Z irthday gifts.

Adult conversation is so nice. I wish I had a little more of it.

Cher Mere said...

Her grandmother (my mother) did make the box and she also made the birthday fairy book and bookmark.