Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Victory!

You've Won!

Dear Novelist,

You did it.

Despite everything else going on in your busy life, you managed to pull off the creative coup of writing a 50,000-word novel in just one month.

When the going got tough, you got typing, and in four weeks, you built vast worlds and set them in motion. You created characters; quirky, interesting, passionate souls with lives and loves and ambitions as great as yours. You stuck it out through the notoriously difficult middle stretch, and pressed onward as 80% of your fellow writers dropped out around you.

And now look at you: A NaNoWriMo winner. And the owner of a brand-new, potential-filled manuscript. It's an amazing accomplishment, and we're proud to have had you writing with us this year.





I uploaded my 50,556 word novel to nanowrimo.org tonight and I got the above. I am feeling really good and the need to celebrate. I feel like I should be popping open some champagne. Why don't I have any champagne?!

*grin*

1 comment:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That's great! Congratulations!